Saturday, March 13, 2010

Earthquakes, earthquakes, everywhere earthquakes

Isaiah 24:20 "The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage, and the transgressions thereof shall be heavy upon it, and it shall fall, and not rise again."

According to the Torah, the year 5770 is this year 2010. God mentions this year over two thousand times in the Torah. Why? When I heard this it made me ponder its significance. Why is this year so important to God that he speaks of it so many times.
One morning I was awakened out of sleep by the sound of a loud trumpet. I quickly realized that it wasn't a natural trumpet that I heard but a trumpet in the spirit realm. But what did it mean? The answer did not come right away.

A week later on January 12th a powerful earthquake rocked Haiti. It was at that moment revelation came to me. This year was going to be known for devastating earthquakes unlike any other time. I had to warn the people. Ezekiel 3:17 says, "Son of man, I have made thee a watchman........therefore hear the word at my mouth and give then warnings from me" The Lord had placed a trumpet in my mouth. I had to do his will.

The earthquake in Haiti dominated the news. Meanwhile I began to notice that earthquakes were also happening in California, Oklahoma, Venezuela and Cayman Islands. However, these quakes, because they were not as powerful as the one in Haiti was overshadowed and were not reported in the news.

I found a web-site called USGS Earthquake Hazard Program that gave a detailed account of every earthquake as it happens. I began to post this information on Facebook. Every day there were numerous earthquakes taking place around the world. But according to the scientists,'earthquakes are a normal occurrence and there should be no cause for alarm.'

Then on February 28th another earthquake struck.. This time it was Chile and it was an 8.8 magnitude earthquake, seven hundred times stronger that the one that hit Haiti. This one was so powerful that it moved a city ten feet from its original position. And s if that wasn't bad enough it also moved the earth off its axis by three inches and as a result we lost time as well.

On March 8th Turkey became the next victim of an earthquake. The news reported that "everything is knocked down and at least six villages were flattened". Meanwhile Japan and many other places were experiencing very strong quakes as well.

March 11th dealt another very strong quake to Chile. A 7.2 magnitude this time that disrupted the swearing in of a new president. Chile continues to be bombarded with strong quakes on a daily basis. The people there are fearful and are on edge all the time.

Is it over? I don't think the shaking is over. This year has only just begun. We have a long way to go. What is the Lord saying in all this? Matthew 24 warns that in the last days one of the signs is that there will be a lot of earthquakes in many different places. We are indeed living in those times now. I believe the return of the Lord is near. How close? No one really knows. But the Lord will get the people's attention.

I believe before the Lord's return there will be a major outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the earth the likes of which has never been seen before. There will be a great harvest of souls that will be ushered into the Kingdom of God.

The saints of God are not to be concerned with all that's happening. We need to continue to praise Almighty God and intercede for our loved ones, friends and neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment