Tuesday, February 23, 2010

To soar like an eagle



Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint"

Today I sat on my porch and I watched a bird flying high up in the sky. It seemed effortless as he glided along. He seemed to be carried by the wind currents. He barely used his wings at all. He looked peaceful and contented.

And I thought about his perspective of things from where he was looking down. Everything probably looked very small and his range much broader than if he were just in a tree. He didn't have a care in this world , it seemed.

He was in his element enjoying every minute. So natural and free flowing were his movements.

He probably was observing mankind below rushing about, busy with their daily activities. Maybe he was wondering why they always seemed to be in such a rush. Like that man who couldn't wait at the traffic lights and ran into someone's car. Now he has no choice but to stop and deal with the problem he caused. Hopefully no one was seriously hurt in the process.

It made me think about my own life and my walk with the Lord. If I could just be like that bird. Relying on the Holy Spirit to move me effortlessly along this journey called life. To be able to spread my wings and soar like the bird and have a better perspective about things. The scripture says we will run and not get weary and we will walk and not faint. It seems like we are getting weary and we are fainting because we are not waiting on him. We are struggling to do life on our own when he wants to give us rest.

So today, that bird has taught me a very important lesson. I am to wait on the Lord and renew my strength daily. I am going to come up higher and see things from his perspective and rely on Holy Spirit.

Celia

Cometo myfatherstable.blogspot

2 comments:

  1. So true, the closer we move to Him the more our vision broadens and we see what He sees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Celia! There are many great lessons to learn from the eagle.

    ReplyDelete